The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner is a brutal portrayal of a young man’s murderous actions while consumed by evil thoughts. Set in 18th-century Scotland, under the influence of a shadowy stranger known as Gil-Martin, Robert Wringham is convinced his actions are unanswerable to man’s justice and are true to the sanctity of God.
Hogg’s work is undoubtedly controversial, yet it still remains a masterpiece of Scottish fiction, representing the deepest darkest aspects of human emotion – where evil in the mind and soul masquerades as religious faith in the human psychosis.
Key Selling Points
- Targeting a new generation with original commissioned artwork and illustrations
- Renowned Scottish author with loyal fan base
- Introduction by Dr Valentina Bold
- Detailed Notes and Glossary, checked by Dr Douglas Mack, ideal for students
- Discussion questions included to enhance learning
- Rigorous edit applied to unabridged text
Book Launch Website:
This book is now out of print and no longer included in our Books to Bairns initiative.